How To Install Photoshop Actions
You can install Photoshop actions in more ways than one:
- After you download the actions you want to install, you can simply double-click the .atn file.
- When you open Photoshop after this the Actions will be installed.
Be aware some people have observed that when they install actions like this, they have disappeared after they have restarted their computer.
To make sure this doesn’t happen, there’s another method to install actions:
- Start by saving your actions somewhere easy to find on your computer.
- Then open Photoshop and go to ‘Window’ and click ‘Actions’.
- Now that you have the actions panel open, click the small menu in the top right corner.
- Inside the menu click ‘Load Actions’ and find where you saved the actions and select the .atn file.
- Your actions are now loaded into the actions panel.
How To Use Actions
- When you’re in the actions panel select the action you’d like to run.
- Click the ‘Play’ button at the bottom of the actions panel.
You’re action will now be applied to a new layer. If you click the ‘visible’ button in the layers panel you can see how the image looks with and without the effects from the action applied.